Jack Parow at one of the Summer Concerts
This Sunday 25 November 2012 will be the Kick off of the annual Kirstenbosch Summer Sunset concerts series! The festival will be held every Sunday until 7 April 2013! You can bring your entire family to enjoy the concerts, there is plenty of space for children to run around and there will also be some kids activities available!
This year will be the 21st anniversary of the live music at the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden and the 100 birthday of the venue itself! So extra effort has been made to make it a special summer festival season, starting this Sunday 25 November 2012 with the international musician Daniel Bedingfield! Back from a period of rest to conquer the world again!
Tickets for Daniel Bedingfield cost R110 for adults and R80 for youth from 6 to 21 years and botanical society members pay R100.
The other artists will be performing as followed:
- 25 Nov 2012 : Daniel Bedingfield
- 02 Dec 2012: Mango Groove
- 09 Dec 2012: Zebra & Giraffe
- 13 Dec 2012: Carols by Candlelight
- 23 Dec 2012 : Prime Circle
- 30 Dec 2012: Yoav & Tailor
- 31 Dec 2012:NYE Hugh Masekela & Hot Water
- 06 Jan 2013:Arno Carstens
- 13 Jan 2013:The Parlotones
- 20 Jan 2013:Jimmy Dludlu
- 27 Jan 2013:Toya Delazy & Lindiwe Suttle
- 03 Feb 2013:Freshlyground
- 10 Feb 2013:Cape Town Folk n Acoustic Music Festival
- 17 Feb 2013:Sipho “Hotstix” Mabuse
- 24 Feb 2013:The Cape Philharmonic Orchestra
- 03 Mar 2013:Goldfish
- 10 Mar 2013:Jeremy Loops
- 17 Mar 2013:Ringo Madlingozi
- 24 Mar 2013:Shadowclub & Gangs of Ballet
- 31 Mar 2013:Mi Casa & Natasha Meister
- 07 Apr 2013:Johnny Clegg
The ticket price will depend on the artist, the tickets will be between R60 a person up to R27 a person. Tickets can also be bought at the gate, but tickets can be sold out quickly so be in time! The gate will be opened at 16.00 pm and the concert will start at 17.30 pm to 19.00 pm!
You can bring your own picnic basket with food and drinks, and also your own blanket if you want too, another opportunity is to order a picnic baste at the Kirstenbosch Tea Room where you also can rent a picnic blanket for an and R100 deposit.
There are two set menus from which you can choose: one for R145 a person – which includes a sandwich and a salad, and one for R190 – which includes a plethora of treats, from tea to quiche. More information can be provided by the Kirstenbosch Tea Room, you can call to +27 (0) 21 797 4883, fax to =27 (0) 21 797 4083 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Do not smoke in the audience.
- Do not sit on chairs that block other people’s view of the stage.
- Do not pick flowers or walk in flower beds.
- Do bring something to take your rubbish home with you, this is a bin-free world heritage site.
- Do not leave a mess.
- Do bring alcohol if you’d like to.
Buy tickets at the Websitetickets site ! You can contact the gardens to can call to +27 (0) 21 799 8783 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.